As a member of the RTBU, you belong to a family of public transport workers not only in Victoria, but across the world.
With over 150 years of history and democracy controlled by the rank and file, members have a seat at the table and are empowered to take control in the workplace. Be it changes to work practices or workplace bargaining, the RTBU is not only driven by the decisions of members, but will use our collective resources to:
- Coordinate effective campaigns
- Access expert reports and advice
- Seek legal advice and litigation
- Organise across the industry to establish minimum standards (+ comment about extending/improving conditions)
- Educate and train members
- Represent members as a collective
- Protect occupational health & safety
We put members first. We’re here to support members in all aspects of their working life which includes providing the support, advice and direction on financial and family support. We look out for each other, we’re here to help.
We represent members across all grades and classifications throughout the Rail and Public Transport industries. Whether you’re a conductor, driver, track worker, signal technician, station employee, signaller or an operational/administrative employee the RTBU is here to help. If you work in rail or public transport, we’re the union for you.
The Rail, Tram and Bus Union consists of 6 divisions organising different groups of workers across the following divisions:
- Rail Operations Division
- Admin, Supervisory, Technical & Professional Division
- Infrastructure Division
- Locomotive Division
- Tram and Bus Division
- Workshops – Fleet Manufacture, Maintenance Overhaul & Service Division