The RTBU is your industry union representing all workers across rail and public transport. As a democratic collective of workers, by joining as a member, your voice is louder on the issues that matter to you.
Our core business includes organising in each workplace across the state to achieve the following for members:
- Enterprise Agreement bargaining: negotiating pay and conditions as a collective on your behalf.
- Workplace representation: we provide legal and industrial advice, support and representation for you in meetings with management whenever you need it.
- Consultation of changes to work place practices: we will work with all members in your workplace to ensure changes don’t adversely affect you, and fight to ensure management listen to your input and advice as the people experienced in the job.
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Legal representation: in the event there is a case that needs to be run in the Fair Work Commission or in some circumstances other courts and jurisdictions, the RTBU will support members to ensure management are held accountable.
- Work cover, training and much more.
Further to the day-to-day work of our hard working Delegates, Organisers & Officials, as a member of the RTBU you can access the following benefits:
- Tramway Holiday Units: Discount accomodation for RTBU members
- Gordon Legal: Free will kits, discounted legal services
- rt health: discounts on health insurance through the industry health fund
- ACTU Member Benefits: pooling the resources of unions across Australia, you will have access to discounts only available to Union members.
- Incolink Income Protection: a rail industry specific income insurance package
- MOVE Bank: The railways credit union which provides special rates to RTBU members.