RTBU Women is open to all women in the Union from all divisions, and we encourage you to be actively involved or simply join the database.
RTBU Women has been meeting monthly since May 2010.
The RTBU recognises that there are some workplace issues which are specific to the needs of women, or issues which disproportionately affect women workers.
RTBU Women aims to collectively support women in the Union and work with others in the union movement to improve conditions for women.
We are very proud of our achievements so far:
- We hold an annual conference on International Women Day.
- As a result of the work of the Women’s committee we have increased the confidence of women union members which has seen an increase in the number of Women delegates in our union.
- RTBU Women negotiated alongside the RTBU to get a Domestic Violence Clause in a number of EBAs including Metro, V/Line and Public Transport Victoria. This provision allows for extra paid leave and other support to be given to staff members who experience Domestic or Family violence.
- As a result of the work of RTBU Women maternity wear has been introduced for Metro, V/Line and Yarra Trams employees.
- 40 RTBU Women’s Advocate’s elected within the first two years of the creation of the role.
We want your help to continue and broaden the struggle this year. To get involved or find out more please contact:
Hannah Scott, Member Support Officer
Kathryn Breakwell, RTBU Women’s Officer
Kath Larkin, RTBU Deputy Women’s Officer
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us: 03 8630 9100
Our regular RTBU Women Meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month at 11:30am at various locations across the network.