In what must equate to a new record John Hollands Rail Infrastructure Enterprise Agreement (EA) has reached an in-principle in just 3 meetings – 1 week prior to the expiry of the current EA.
The proposed agreement boasts.
- 20% wage increase over 4 years.
- Increase in Living Away From Home Allowance (LAHA) from $170 to $250 per night
- Increase redundancy cap from 21 to 26 weeks
- 4 hour minimum double time payment for the cancellation of weekend overtime.
- The further in-housing of Safe Working members
- Further controls regarding the use of contracted labour.
The John Hollands agreement which signifies the first EA in the Tier 1 contracting bargaining round. This comprises of John Holland, Laing O’Rourke, Downer EDI, Coleman Rail, & McConnell Dowell, and consolidates the major, transformative gains made in the 2018 bargaining round.
Combined with the 36 hour week (26 RDO’s a year), this further cements the Rail Specific Construction classifications.
The agreement is scheduled for drafting on 29 June and will subsequently go to a member vote.